Key Questions About Your Personal Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Have you identified the biggest issue which stands between you and success or more success in marketing and sales.
- Do you know what you are doing or not doing that may be subconsciously putting off your customers or clients or conditioning them not to buy from you.
- Do you know that there are ways to dramatically improve your marketing or sales productivity on your current budget. Resources may be important, but resourcefulness is critical.
- Do you know that this morning, today, this week etc there are real people out there with very little knowledge of technology who are making thousands and millions of dollars through the internet, working not 40 but 5 hours or less a day.
- Do you know that your personal brand as a marketer or a salesperson is the biggest asset which you should be developing to its full potential.
- Do you know that, in the context of business or personal life, most people are more concerned with solving ‘pain points’ they are currently experiencing than with investing in things that will benefit them in the future.
- Do you know that if your products or services are not sufficiently differentiated from those of your competitors, then price will be the only real differentiator. How well does your product or service compete on non-price factors.
- Do you know that in B2B marketing and sales, depending on the size and structure of the organization, as many as 5 people may be involving in discussing your offer before a decision is made. It is important to find out as tactfully as possible how you can influence the final decision.
- Do you know that marketing is both a science and an art. In your view, how is it a science, and how is it an art.
- Do you know that in order to succeed as a marketer or salesperson, you need to be doing more of the technology-based work yourself i.e. using the internet and social media. How well are you doing in this regard.
-FOCUS ON EMAIL MARKETING-
Email is a great way of getting out the message about your product(s) or service(s) to prospective customers or clients. Sending a message is one thing which is easy enough, but getting the expected response is quite another. To put this issue into perspective, ask yourself how many email messages you receive per day, per week or per month. Unless they have time to waste, all the people who send you messages believe they have something of value to offer you. BUT what percentage of these messages do you open. If you are like most other email recipients, this percentage is likely to be very low. Have you asked yourself why? Possible reasons for not opening email messages include:
- You are just not interested in the contents of the message.
- You do not have time to read the message.
- You do not believe that the sender can or will actually do what he or she is promising i.e. it’s a question of credibility.
- You are afraid of being scammed (how many of us would seriously consider an offer to receive US$1 million in the next few days?).
- You do not think that you are able to do what is required to benefit from the proposed action.
If your marketing includes email communications, you should note that your recipients may be thinking in the same way about your messages in relation to some or all of the above points. Email and other technological advances like blogs, video and social media represent a huge breakthrough for marketers in terms of reach, visibility and cost-effectiveness. But there is a way in which you can make these methods work for your business. The fact of the matter is that in most companies and owner-managed businesses, the benefit from marketing activities (marketing return on investment) is considered to be either very low or unmeasurable. But this is a situation which can be corrected.
- UPCOMING SEMINAR EVENT -
AT MRZ MARKETING SEMINARS, WE GO BEYOND THEORY TO GIVE THE CUTTING EDGE TO YOUR MARKETING OR SALES WORK OR THAT OF YOUR STAFF. WE HAVE AN ACTION-PACKED TRAINING PROGRAMME WHICH ADDRESSES ALL IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THESE CRITICAL ASPECTS OF BUSINESS. OUR NEXT SEMINAR HAS THE THEME “MIGRATE TO DIGITAL – THAT IS WHERE ALL THE ACTION IS” AND WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2021.